Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blog 3

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/06/india.child.labor.rescue/index.html

I read this article and ones similar to it about child labor laws in India. I find it strange and honestly a little incredible that child labor is being abused around the world. Sometimes i forget that not all kids have easy American lives and they spend their adolescence working in sweatshops. India put a new law in effect that forbids children under the age of 14 to work. It just shows that cultures are so different. Kids in rural Vietnam for instance, often don't know how to read or write because they just spend their whole life doing hard agricultural work their whole life. I'm glad that i live in a society were I'm not abused by child labor, and can receive an education so i don't spend my whole life doing manual labor.

No comments: